Power Outage February 1, 2024

Manitowoc Public Utilities (MPU) experienced a power outage that affected approximately 1,000 customers early morning Thursday, February 1, 2024. The cause of the outage was a failed submarine cable at a river crossing. Electric Distribution staff were able to restore power to 95% of the affected customers within two hours and the remaining 5% within four hours. Repairs will need to be made to the submarine cable.

We strive to provide reliable service and are proud to be your public power utility. Our top priority is that our staff are safe and we appreciated your patience while we worked safely to restore power.


Skip to content