MPU Menu

Request Services

New to the area? Leaving the area? Need to start, stop or transfer your residential electric and/or water service?

Please make a selection of “Stop Service”, “Start Service”, or “Transfer Service”.

Submit the request at least 2 business days (Monday – Friday) before the requested date. Please call (920) 683-4600 if the address where you are moving to is without power or water. When transferring from one location to another, please make sure your account information and payments are up to date. You will need your customer and account number information. Online requests to start service at an address will need your personal information and previous address. The process is secure and your information is kept confidential. Please call us at (920) 683-4600 if you do not want to provide your personal information online. Applying for service online does not guarantee that we can start service. We may need to contact you for additional information. A deposit may be required to start service.

For Commercial or Industrial account information or establishment, please call (920) 683-4600 between the hours of 8:00 a.m. through 4:30 p.m. central time, Monday - Friday.

Stop Service Start Service Transfer Service

Landlord 3rd Party Application (ensure pop-up blockers are disabled when clicking this link)

Apply for Security Lighting Service?

MPU offers a variety of options to provide Security Lighting to your property. Please download and complete the attached form and return it to MPU.

Application for Security Lighting Service (ensure pop-up blockers are disabled when clicking this link)

New Construction or Modify Existing Service Equipment

For new construction, download and complete the Electric Service Request form and the Application for Service form. Attach site plan drawings or a sketch of the property to be served. Include a desired service location(s), if any, and a load profile if the building requires a service larger than 200 amps.

Manitowoc Public Utilities
1303 S 8th St
Manitowoc WI 54220
Fax: (920) 686-4315 

Ensure pop-up blockers are disabled when clicking links below:

General Information
Electric Service Request Form 
(Chrome is the preferred browser)
Application For New Residential Service (New Construction)
Application For New Commercial Service (New Construction)
Load Profile Form (New construction greater than 200 amps)

New Water Service Connections, Taps, and/or Service Replacements

For new water service connections, download and complete the attached Water Service Application form.  This form must be submitted and approved at least 3 business days prior to MPU making a new connection.  Forms should be submitted to , submitted by mail to 1303 South 8th Street, Manitowoc, WI 54220, or dropped off in person at our Main Office located at 1303 South 8th Street. 

Ensure pop-up blockers are disabled when clicking links below:

Water Service Application (Chrome is the preferred browser)
Notice to Plumbers / Contractors