View our current undertakings for 2023. Contact Steve Bacalzo, MPU Electric Distribution Manager, at 686-4310 for additional information on these projects.
1. Replace 100 poles throughout the City that have less than 2 years of remaining life or fail visual inspection.
2. Replace 200 feet of underground street lighting cable and 100 feet of unjacketed underground primary cable.
3. Replace approximately 20% of existing street lights with LED fixtures. This is year 4 of the 5 year LED conversion project.
4. Extending a primary circuit to provide adequate backup capacity for a different circuit.
5. Installing a step-down transformer to provide a separate backup source for 4KV distribution circuits which are normally supplied from the power plant.