View our current undertakings for 2019. Contact Steve Bacalzo, MPU Distribution Operations Manager, at 686-4310 for additional information on these projects.
1. Replace failing underground cabling:
- Approximately 2,000 feet of ornamental street light cabling on S 59th Street and West Drive.
- Approximately 300 feet of unjacketed primary in the 1100 and 1200 blocks of Viebahn Street.
- Approximately 1,500' of unjacketed primary in the 1700 block of Cedar Court.
2. Inspect poles on the south side of Manitowoc; replace poles that have less than 2 years of remaining life or fail visual inspection.
3. Relocate poles and upgrade lighting for reconstruction of Rapids Road.
4. Relocate poles and upgrade lighting for reconstruction of Waldo Blvd.
5. Replace 700 feet of under-sized overhead lines in the 3300 and 3400 blocks of Dewey Street.
6. Extend Circuit R135 approximately 400 feet on Huron Street for substation backup capacity.
7. Automate Revere Substation to transfer to an alternate transformer upon failure.