View our current undertakings for 2021. Contact Steve Bacalzo, MPU Electric Distribution Manager, at 686-4310 for additional information on these projects.
1. Bury about 3,000 feet of overhead electric and fiber optic lines, and install ornamental street lighting from 900 Maritime Drive, along Memorial Drive, and Johnston Drive.
2. Replace 110 poles throughout the City that have less than 2 years of remaining life or fail visual inspection.
3. Replace 3,200 feet of underground street lighting cable and 2,200 feet of unjacketed underground primary cable.
4. Install animal mitigation covering at the Custer substation to prevent outages from animal contact.
5. Replace approximately 20% of existing street lights with LED fixtures. This is year two of the 5 year LED conversion project.