View our current undertakings for 2020. Contact Steve Bacalzo, MPU Electric Distribution Manager, at 686-4310 for additional information on these projects.
1. Replacement of approximately 2,450' of unjacketed primary that has reached the end of its useful life.
2. Replace 100 poles throughout the City that have less than 2 years of remaining life or fail visual inspection.
3. Relocate street lights on Waldo Boulevard from Maritime Drive to Fleetwood Drive, coinciding with the WI DOT reconstruction project.
4. Install animal mitigation covering at the Rapids substation to prevent outages from animal contact.
5. Replace approximately 20% of existing street lights with LED fixtures, the start of the 5 year LED conversion project.