The Utility is directed by a General Manager, who in turn reports to the Public Utility Commission. This Commission is comprised of seven members.
- Alex Allie - Commissioner Alex C. Allie, has served as a member of the MPU Commission since 2015 and works as an area real estate developer, specializing in commercial, industrial and multifamily real estate. In recent years he has focused on reinvigorating commercial shipping in the port of Manitowoc. Alex has both a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor of Arts Degree in German from St. Norbert College. Alex may be contacted at .
- David Diedrich - Commissioner David J. Diedrich has served as a member of the MPU Commission since 2007 and is an officer and Vice President - Senior Business Banking Officer of Investors Community Bank, a community bank specializing in Commercial and Agricultural lending. He brings to the Commission nearly 40 years of business experience in both the public and private sectors. Dave possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from UW-Green Bay, and an MBA from the University of Notre Dame. Dave may be contacted at .
- Daniel R. Hornung
- David P. Luckow
- Mark R. Seidl - Commissioner Mark R. Seidl, has served as a member of the MPU Commission since 1998 and is an officer and Vice President of Shipbuilders Credit Union, a local community minded financial institution. He brings to the Commission over 40 years of business experience in both the public and private sectors. Mark possesses a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration from Marian University and an Associate Degree in Accounting from Lakeshore Technical College. Mark may be contacted at .
- Eric Sitkiewitz, Alderperson, ex officio member
- Mayor Justin M. Nickels, ex officio member
- Nilaksh J. Kothari, CEO & General Manager, non-member
The Commission shall consist of seven commissioners. Five commissioners shall be citizens of the City who shall be elected by the Common Council for a five year term beginning on the first day of October. Existing commissioners shall serve the remainders of their present terms of office. The Mayor and a member of the Finance Committee shall serve on the Commission as ex-officio members.
The Public Utilities Commission meets the second and fourth Monday of each month at the MPU facility:
Manitowoc Public Utilities
1303 S. 8th St.
Manitowoc, WI 54220